Accountability Administration + What That Means For You
the fact or condition of being accountable; responsibility.
At The Idea, Inc., we pride ourselves on being able to “get shit done.” We identify as doers. Do-gooders, even. We’re the driving force that spins your ideas into gold. And by gold, we mean good. Real actionable good with real, measurable results. From managing day-to-day tasks including grant writing to producing and managing large-scale event logistics, we’re the action your ideas need.
One of our Accountability Administration contracts from 2018 was with the Housing Authority of the City of Fort Lauderdale (HACFL). The mission of HACFL is to assist low-income families with safe, decent, and affordable housing opportunities as they strive to achieve self-sufficiency and improve their lives. HACFL is committed to operating in an efficient, ethical, and professional manner, and will create and maintain partnerships with its clients and appropriate community agencies in order to accomplish this mission.
We were brought on specifically for the event and social programming initiatives and vendor management, as well as, coordination of local partnerships for the benefit of the community. Long story short, HACFL wanted to engage with the community that they were serving via the affordable housing apartments they owned and operated, so they hired us to assist in the administrative and logistical management of those community-oriented initiatives.
The actual to-dos manifested themselves in a million different ways, but can be summed up in the following bullet points:
- Maintain current community partnerships and relationships
- Reach out to organizations that might be interested in being potential partners
- Correspond with local organizations interested in creating a community initiative with HACFL
- Manage events, event logistics, and all HACFL contracted vendors
- Move initiatives forward by making and sticking to objectives and timelines
- Reach out to and create relationships with community leaders
- Create communication strategies for community outreach
AKA getting shit done by helping out with the day-to-day administrative tasks so that you don’t have to.